Name Change
If you wish to change your name, we can assist you with the legal paperwork necessary to do so.

Emancipation is a legal way for children to become adults before they're 18. FACLC will consult with teens interested in emancipating, and will prepare the paperwork to assist in obtaining emancipation.

Once a child is emancipated, his or her parents don't have custody or control anymore. An emancipated child can do some things without a parent's permission, such as:

  • Get medical care
  • Apply for a work permit
  • Sign up for school or college
  • Choose a place to live

An emancipated child gives up the right to parental support, must attend school, can't get married without parental permission, and will be tried in juvenile court for breaking the law.