FACLC will help a victim of domestic violence obtain a restraining order, regardless of income or ability to pay. We prepare the paperwork to obtain a temporary restraining order, and will accompany her or him to court for the "permanent" restraining order hearing.

If you have an emergency, contact your local police department to obtain an Emergency Protective Order. If the alleged batterer is charged with a crime, the Criminal Court may issue a criminal protective order.